In 1988, the land on which Namura Shipbuilding set up its Osaka plant in 1932 was returned to the owning Chishima Real Estate Co., Ltd.,the facility reopened in the form of the Creative Center Osaka (CCO), an art space harnessing the potential of the industrial remains of what once played a central role in the modernization of Osaka in 2005. The site’s nomination as a ”modern industrial heritage” by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in 2007 triggered various projects realized with governmental cooperation, such as art events for local residents hosted by Suminoe Ward.
On an area of approximately 40,000㎡ in total, CCO offers converted spaces such as the ”Black Chamber” for theater and other performing arts; the ”Side Chamber” for film screenings and small-scale stage performances; and the fully equipped and soundproof “Studio Partita”, as well as a large multipurpose space that retains the site’s original atmosphere.
+81(0)6 4702 7085
Depend on exhibitions.
*Please check the website.